Monday, September 3

Leave for Tibet tomorrow!

Yep, we eventually flew out of Lukla after only one days wait - very lucky considering monsoon season. Have had a couple of days to organise final bits and bobs. Barrels left this morning, and I leave first thing tomorrow. One night on Nepal/Tibet border and then 2/3 in Nyalan. Next updates will be via satellite phone via Raymond E (yes, thats if he prioritises things correctly) or via Jamies laptop at ABC.
I have been thinking about an alternative plan to try a light alpine ascent as a first attempt... A bit ambicious but will probably give me a lot of information about the mountain. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the donations to www.justgiving.com/8000mandabove and for the sms messages. Yes some seem to get through.. Will keep you posted as soon as I can, but possibly a couple of days of no news
Check Jamies updates at www.project-himalaya.com/dispatches/latest.html

2 comments:

  1. Great work guys, are you sure you are not missing thinkFolio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike Peacock9:15 am

    Mark, good luck. You'll be pleased to hear that we have 5 portfolios live on post trade now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive