Monday, September 10

Day 3 - Base camp - Sun 9th

Got my A into G this morning and packed my bag. Contents: 2 x gas cannisters, 1 Jetboil stove, 1 High altitude Puffa jacket, 1 Down climbing suit, 1 tent Terra nova tent (Camp 3), 1 high altitude sleeping bag, 10 x dry food packets, 1 x Ice axe, 1 x Leki pole. Went on a 11km trek westwards up to 5,350m. Felt great especially with the pack. Perhaps there is a chance of trying an alpine ascent. This means I will commit myself to th mountain once I start. This is different from establishing multiple camps along the route and doing an up and down approach. The norm would be for climbers to attempt this after they have aclimatised. I think I will like to try this as part of a recce of the route at an early stage. My highest point on the trek was N28 32 45.1 E85 44 53.0. Had great views of Shisha all the way. 1st time that I did not sleep though (other than P breaks) the whole night - perhaps a little dehydrated from the walk as mouth was quite dry. But no headaches which is a good sign.
The rest of Jamie's 2 groups arrived today.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive