Thursday, August 24

Krishanarpan

Off to Dhunche this morning so quick update
Had a very successful day yesterday
Bought some Grivel crampons – see http://www.grivel.com/Products/Dettaglio_ramponi.asp?ID=5 and 2 Terra Nova tents see http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/epages/terranova.storefront/44ed00a8003b2c342741ac10014005b9/Catalog/6
Very chuffed with the tents as I know them very well. One will be great for Camp 1 – larger and a little heavier the other is perfect for Camp 2 & 3. Mingma sourced these for me and I’m very grateful. He also took me on the back of his motorbike to Bhat Bhateni shop. Many stories of clothes, shoes, food TV’s and washing machines (for base camp). So will be returning there to get supplies after my trek.

Diner was as follows:

Authentic Napali Cuisine
1. CHEERS WITH RAKSI & SUKUTI
(Homemade alcohol with dry charcoal meat)
2. ALOO TAMA KO JHOL
(Soup of bambooshot with potato & Nepali herbs
3. CHARA-ATHAWA-KHASI KO MASU
(Mutton curry cooked in local way)
4. with HARIYO PARIYO SAAG
(Fresh green sautéed vegetables)
5. with MIS MAS TARKARI
(Mixed vegetables in Nepali spices
6. with JHANEKO DAL
(Lentils tempered with Himalayan herbs)
7. with GOLBHENDA KO ACHAR
(Tomato pickle)
8. with SADA BHUJA
(Himalayan long stemmed rice)

Absolutely delicious and the best meal I have had for ages (other than the last couple of dinners with Claire!)

So you might not get an update for 8 days – should be back into Kathmandu on the 3rd – that is if I can’t get my Sat to email directly to the blog – I will try!

By the way "Krishanarpan" means Bon appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.