Saturday, March 20

Shishapangma Spring 2010

Hi All, herewith the first despatch for 2010
Well its that time of the year again and the flat is "prop vol" of mountaineering gear & supplies. I have been doing my final packing and re-packing in preparation of my 4th attempt on Shishapangma in Tibet. Shisha is the lowest of the fourteen 8,000 meter peaks in the world and is approximately 835 meters lower than Mount Everest - that's quite a bit lower as the latest tallest building in the world, the Burj Dubai is 828 meters!





To put the climb in perspective, I will need to ascend the equivalent of three times the height of the Burj Dubai but due to the multiple carries required to get my gear up I will probably climb closer to six times in total!








Its a relatively non-technical peak, hence my objective of climbing it without any support or climbing partners from Advanced Base Camp onwards. This does add some complexities as in effect I will just be a "yak" for the 8 weeks while ferrying my gear upwards. Check the links above to see further information about my plans and objectives.

My plan is currently as follows:
Depart for Kathmandu, Nepal on Monday 29 March
Trek in Langtang valley until 8 April
Enter Tibet 10 April
Climbing until 18 May
Return to Kathmandu 20 May













Watch out for further updates and trigger links from Facebook

Thanks

Mark Hose (Hoseman)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.