Wednesday, March 31

KTM & the lovely Marshyangdi breakfastgarden

Back in Kathmandu, which is now a very familiar spot
Flights all good, albeit quite bumpy and sideways landing. Delhi was boiling hot but KTM cooler due to a rain storm (caused by change to jet stream). So this morning is lovely, fresh and clear. Loyal Kedar from Explore Himalaya http://www.explorehimalaya.com/ at the airport to meet us. If you ever need anything organised in Nepal can highly recommend them.
Good to see Jamie this morning, fresh off a trip up Aconcagua. Sounds like a great trip to go with Claire.
Plan is to repack barrels today, after clearing my luggage at customs that was sent before me. Will also be picking up two barrels left with Jamie. Will then have 90% of gear and will just need to stop at local store to get balance of food etc.
Tomorrow Peter & I will go via local bus (7 hours on a packed bus, locals, chickens, goats, loud music and crazy driving) to Dhunche, the start of the Langtang valley. Then peace and quite up the beautiful valley following the river Langtang Khola to Kyanjin Gompa. From Tsergo Ri at the end of the trail, it is possible to see Shishapangma - lets hope for clear weather!
My intentions are to have two streams of updates - one will be pretty factual, the other an exploration of what's going on in my head. Although the climb is pretty physical, the challenge is overcoming any negative thoughts I will have. It's a continuous fight - keeping motivated, surviving the loneliness, trying to stop the vivid dreams from interrupting my sleep and generally keeping focussed on achieving my goals. The trip to Langtang will give me some time to prepare myself, the calm before the storm.
Thanks for reading and all the best
Hoseman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.